Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Cycling Goals

I love cycling and decided to set some new goals.

My last big ride ended in disaster - Cycle Trip to Tamsui, Via Keelung - and since then I have only had a few smaller rides around Taipei (not many). I decided to set some new goals. The first goal is a one day ride up through Yangming Shan, from Shihlin, and back down to Jingshan - turning left to head to Tamsui - I reckon about 150km but the climb up Yangmingshan will be brutal but beautiful - and hey - if I get tired, I can always turn around and be going downhill. The second goal is a two day ride from Taipei to Jiaoshi and back again. The first day would be riding to Keelung and then turning South to Jiaoshi. The second day would be going along the Tonghua Trail from Jiaoshi to Wulai and back to Taipei. Basically copy another ride: Mountain biking the Tonghou trail. My legs would be pretty stiff by the end of either ride. I am trying to get a couple of friends to go along with me. If we did, it would be great. If not, I will need to find the space to do it myself and get there and back alone! Anyway, I think both trips would be gorgeous and I am looking forward to trying them. Hopefully I can find the time and space to do it. I will keep you posted. If you don't ride, do it! You will find immense peace and joy, especially in nature, there is so much peace.

Hope to see you on the trails.
PKS

No comments:

Post a Comment